City
Epaper

Over 100 'Kalnemis' apprehended, no imposter will be allowed to harm Sanatan: CM Dhami

By IANS | Updated: July 13, 2025 17:59 IST

Dehradun, July 13 Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Sunday lauded 'Operation Kalnemi', under which more than ...

Open in App

Dehradun, July 13 Uttarakhand Chief Minister Pushkar Singh Dhami on Sunday lauded 'Operation Kalnemi', under which more than 100 imposters have been apprehended so far, and also issued a stern warning to those "conspiring" and disguising themselves as "sadhus" to bring disrepute to the Sanatan Dharma.

Notably, the 'Operation Kalnemi' was launched by the state government recently, to check the fraudsters who impersonate as holy men in saffron robes and exploit unsuspecting citizens, going to the extent of robbing their valuables by beguiling them.

Addressing an event, the Uttarakhand Chief Minister said, "We have launched Operation Kalnemi to expose the true identities of those in disguise and ensure they cannot commit any wrongdoing here. Under this operation, more than 100 Kalnemis have been apprehended so far. Now, no one in disguise will be able to harm Sanatan or deceive people."

According to police sources, more than 150 suspicious fake spiritualists have been apprehended since the launch of the operation, primarily from areas like Dehradun, Haridwar and Udham Singh Nagar.

Those arrested include a few persons from the minority community, who were found to have disguised their identities as "babas", hailing from different states, including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Delhi and more.

As part of the ongoing drive, 66 suspicious individuals were specifically detained in Udham Singh Nagar on Saturday alone.

The 'Operation Kalnemi' has also received widespread support from Hindu religious groups in the state for clamping down on fake seers.

Hindu Rashtra Sena president Prabodhanand Giri welcomed the campaign and demanded that the operation should be run till Kumbh and the culprits be dealt with sternly.

Claiming that "jihadists" under the garb of saffron are fooling and looting people, he said 'Operation Kalnemi' is a must to save Uttarakhand from them.

Some Hindu saints in Ayodhya called for implementing it nationwide.

The drive against fraudulent spiritual leaders was named 'Operation Kalnemi', apparently drawing its origin from Kalnemi, a powerful Asura (demon) from Hindu mythology.

Disclaimer: This post has been auto-published from an agency feed without any modifications to the text and has not been reviewed by an editor

Open in App

Related Stories

InternationalPM Modi meets Presidents of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Belarus on sidelines of SCO Summit

EntertainmentMilind Soman says 'lucky to be a part of all you do' as wife Ankita Konwar turns 34

HockeyCaptain Harmanpreet, coach Craig highlight India's defence concerns despite win over Japan in Asia Cup

BusinessCentral Banks now hold more gold than US bonds for 1st time in 30 years

AurangabadBail denied in multi-crore fraud case

National Realted Stories

National3 lakh acres, 1.25 lakh people impacted in Punjab floods: Official

NationalFrom Rajasthan to 2025 Ramon Magsaysay Awardee: NGO Educate Girls creates history

NationalStrong public spending, rural demand, services push India’s GDP growth to 7.8 pc: Industry leaders

NationalIAF evacuates 11 civilians, delivers 2,150 kg of essentials in flood-hit Punjab

NationalRs 696 crore illegal remittance: ED arrests man who misused CA's credentials