City
Epaper

Pahalgam Terror Attack: Maharashtra Govt Announces Rs 5 Lakh Ex-Gratia for Each Deceased's Family; Rs 50,000 for Injured

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: April 23, 2025 17:05 IST

Terrorists attacked tourists in Baisaran, known as 'Little Switzerland', Jammu and Kashmir, in Pahalgam on Tuesday (April 22). For ...

Open in App

Terrorists attacked tourists in Baisaran, known as 'Little Switzerland', Jammu and Kashmir, in Pahalgam on Tuesday (April 22). For the first time, terrorists targeted tourists, resulting death of 28 tourists and over 20 injured in the unprovoked firing by militants. Six people from Maharashtra were among the deceased and four injured tourists are residents. The state government has announced financial assistance to the families of the deceased and the injured. Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis made this announcement on Wednesday.

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh for the next of kin of the six people who lost their lives in the Pahalgam terror attack and Rs 50,000 for the injured. Fadnavis also said that tourists stranded in different parts of Kashmir, including Srinagar, will be brought back to home by a special flight.

Also Read | Pahalgam Attackers Were in Direct Contact With Pakistan-Based Handlers: Indian Intelligence Agencies.

CM Fadnavis in a press conference said, "Maharashtra Government announces ₹5 lakh financial assistance to the 6 families who lost their loved ones during the cowardly terrorist attack at Pahalgam. ₹50,000 assistance will be given to the injured. CM Devendra Fadnavis informs that a special flight is being arranged to bring back Maharashtra tourists from Kashmir, and the State Government will bear the cost.

Earlier in the day, Fadnavis spoke to the media in Mumbai and said, "The mortal remains of three tourists from Dombivli will arrive at Mumbai airport today, and two will arrive in Pune. In Mumbai, Ashish Shelar and Mangal Prabhat Lodha are overseeing the airport arrangements. In Pune, MPs Murlidhar Mohol and Madhuri Misal will coordinate."

Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Amit Shah reached Pahalgam and met the families of those who lost their lives in the terror attack and consoled them. Upon seeing Shah, the relatives of the deceased broke down in front of him. Many were in tears as they said, "We want justice." Shah said, "Words cannot express the pain felt by the families of the deceased. I promise that we will not spare any of those who took innocent lives."

Tags: Pahalgam Terror AttackPahalgamMaharashtraDevendra Fadnavis
Open in App

Related Stories

Navi MumbaiNavi Mumbai News: Teen Dies After Violent Clash Between Auto-Rickshaw Drivers; Case Registered

MaharashtraSangli Crime: Worker Absconds with Gold Worth Crore, Case Registered in Vita

PunePune Shocker: Man Brutally Attacked with Machete in Kondhwa, CCTV Footage Surfaces

MaharashtraMaharashtra Govt Employees To Receive DA Arrears With May Salaries Under 5th, 6th And 7th Pay Commissions

MumbaiMumbai Weather Update: Temperature Likely to Drop Amid Changing Weather Patterns

Maharashtra Realted Stories

MumbaiTushar Gaikwad, Congress Leader and Varsha Gaikwad Brother, Passes Away

MumbaiBandra Demolition Drive: WR To Demolish 409 Illegal Structures In 5-Day Operation in Mumbai's Garib Nagar Area

MumbaiMumbai: Wanted Accused Arrested for Duping Couple of ₹30 Lakh on Promise of Cheap SRA Flat in Andheri

MumbaiMumbai Crime: Man Arrested For Attacking Brother-In-Law Over Estranged Wife’s Address in Sakinaka

MumbaiMumbai Mayor Ritu Tawde Takes Local Train From Ghatkopar To Reach Dadar (Watch Video)