City
Epaper

COVID-19: No lockdown at present, quarantine period reduced, 5 important announcements of Rajesh Tope

By Lokmat English Desk | Updated: January 5, 2022 13:38 IST

As the number of covid cases in Maharashtra continues to rise, the government has started taking precautionary measures. In ...

Open in App

As the number of covid cases in Maharashtra continues to rise, the government has started taking precautionary measures. In that connection, the government has started taking some decisions. The home quarantine period in the state has now been reduced to seven days. Earlier this period was 10 days. He said that after seven days of home quarantine, the person concerned should undergo RTPCR test.

The meeting was chaired by Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar. Health Minister Rajesh Tope informed about the decision taken in that meeting. The number of cases has been increasing in the state for the last few days. The number of coronavirus cases are doubling in three days. He said it was a matter of concern.

What did Rajesh Tope say?

> The number of cases has been increasing in the state for the last few days. The number of coronavirus cases is doubling in three days. This is a matter of concern. However, 90 percent of them do not have symptoms. Of the remaining 10 per cent, 1-2 per cent are hospitalized. In a sense, this is a positive thing.

>The emphasis will be on antigen testing, Tope said. For this, an antigen testing booth will be set up. RTPCR testing is not required if the antigen is positive.

>"For those who have not been vaccinated, strict measures need to be taken," Tope said. 

> No need for lockdown today. But he also said he would impose restrictions based on the number of patients. Restrictions will not take effect immediately. The decision will be taken in due course

> As per the current rules, booster dose has to be taken in government hospitals. However, private hospitals are allowed to give booster doses to their employees at their own hospitals.

> Crowds have to be avoided to prevent corona infection.

Tags: Rajesh TopeMaharashtra health ministryCovid-19Coronavirus
Open in App

Related Stories

MaharashtraMaharashtra Reports 12 New COVID-19 Cases, One Death in 24 Hours

NationalKarnataka: Over 20 Die of Heart Attacks in 40 Days in Hassan District; Probe Ordered

MumbaiMumbai: BMC Confirms Zero New COVID-19 Cases in Mumbai, No Concerning Variants Detected

MaharashtraMaharashtra COVID-19 Update: State Reports 13 New Cases, One Death

MaharashtraMaharashtra Reports 24 New COVID-19 Cases, No Fresh Deaths

Maharashtra Realted Stories

Maharashtra"Only Eknath Shinde Can Answer....”: Raj Thackeray on Maratha Reservation Protest at Azad Maidan in Mumbai (VIDEO)

PunePune Shocker: Case Registered Against Man for Rape After Fake Marriage Promise

LifestyleGauri Avahana 2025: Markets Abuzz With Shopping as Jyeshtha and Kanishtha Gauri To Arrive on August 31

MumbaiMumbai Mega Block on August 31, 2025: Local Train Services To Be Affected on Central and Harbour Lines; Check Details

MumbaiWho Is BMC Commissioner? Manoj Jarange Patil Criticises Mumbai Civic Body for Denying Basic Facilities